Food For Life has issued a recall on several lots of their Ezekiel 4:9 cereals the FDA has announced; get a list of the products, UPC codes and specific lot numbers here.
Are you a Food For Life fan? I absolutely am; I especially love their Ezekiel 4:9 products, in particular the breads. Unfortunately, there is a recall on some lots of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, a recall was issued March 1, 2013, by the Food For Life Baking Company of Corona, California. The company is recalling 15,369 cases of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereal shipped between November 20, 2012 to February 11, 2013, because the product may be mislabeled and may contain an undeclared allergen – almond. The PRODUCT/UPC/LOT NUMBERS are as follows:
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal – Original/073472002550/M3232, M3313, M3512, M3565
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal - Golden Flax/073472002568/M3253, M3309, M3414, M3439, M3523, N0068, N0165
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal - Cinnamon Raisin/073472002574/M3232, M3313, M3328, M3425, M3512, M3527, M3537, N0045, N0132
Individuals sensitive to almond protein can suffer a moderate to acute life-threatening allergic reaction, if consumed.
This recall has been initiated as a precautionary measure following a random allergen test performed at the facility concluding that the product may contain an undeclared allergen.
The recalled products were sold nationwide through health food distributors and natural food retailers. Food For Life Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals are sold dry in 16 oz. (454g) Cereal Cartons and bear the following descriptions:
- Food For Life, Ezekiel 4:9 Boxed Cereal –Original, (Orange Carton)
- Food For Life, Ezekiel 4:9 Boxed Cereal –Golden Flax, (Blue Carton)
- Food For Life, Ezekiel 4:9 Boxed Cereal –Cinnamon Raisin, (Purple Carton)
This recall is being made with the knowledge and in cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this issue.
Consumers who have purchased any of these products are urged to return them unopened to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Food For Life toll free at: (800) 797-5090.
About the Ezekiel 4:9 Product Line
Ezekiel 4:9 products are part of the Food For Life line of sprouted grain products. According to the company website:
Ezekiel 4:9® products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9® to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure, delicious flavors.
"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9®
It’s this special, unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that harvests benefits beyond what we normally expect from our breads, pastas, cereals, and other foods.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles