John Bunce tried to swim out to The Edge in last week's episode; will he return to the operation this season?
Fans have been on the edge of their seats this week, wondering what happened at the end of last week’s Bering Sea Gold on the Discovery Channel.
Things started out rough on The Edge—no surprise, considering The Edge is captained by Zeke Tenhoff and manned by Emily Riedel. After all, their constant conflict is well-known among fans of Bering Sea Gold. This year, because The Edge is a larger vessel than The Clark, Zeke decided to add another man to the team, and chose his friend John Bunce. By Zeke’s own words, John is “not very reliable and drinks a lot. … he’s probably one of the least reliable people I know.” So, when John did not show up for the first day of work, well, again, was anyone surprised?
Emergency at Sea
What WAS surprising, however, was when John actually decided to try and swim out to The Edge in the extremely cold Bering Sea waters, without so much as a wet suit. He brought up the idea to Emily when he contacted her on The Edge, and she quickly put an end to that suggestion, telling him in no uncertain terms that it was too far and too cold.
But, John did not listen.
Soon, there was a rescue in the works—some guy swimming out in the Bering Sea. And, yes, that guy was John Bunce, who ended up in the hospital, hypothermic.
As the episode closed, Zeke and Emily had gone back to shore, and were heading to the hospital to see if their friend had made it. But, with a core temperature of only 90 degrees, things did not look good. However, according to the Discovery Channel’s description of tonight’s new episode:
EDGE dredger John is out of the hospital and on the gold, but Zeke may lose it all when accused of claim jumping. Scott puts the crew at risk taking the dredge out during a storm. The DNR shuts the Pomrenkes down. "Hurricane Dave's" antics test Vernon.
So, it appears that John made it through this trial; but will others follow for John and The Edge this season?
Bering Sea Gold airs tonight, Friday, January 11, on the Discovery Channel at 10/9c.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/Bering Sea Gold
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles