Huliq readers have made their opinions known regarding the recent Chopper Live: The Revenge on the Discovery Channel.
The second—possibly final—American Chopper: Live Build-Off produced what was not unexpected results: a repeat win for Paul Teutul Jr. However, fans have had a lot to say since the announcement was abruptly thrown to the cameras and the show came to a close without an opportunity to hear from anyone, winner or losers.
Huliq fans have been commenting with their thoughts about the show, the participants and Discovery Channel itself. While some, particularly those who voted TeamJunior, agreed with the outcome, others have come to the conclusion that, yes, the American Chopper: Live Build-Off is all about popularity of the contestants:
- Anonymous: Well, the biker build-off showed itself to be a popularity contest. Due to a lack rules on the build-off, a winner is difficult to pick. Unless these bikes are judged by professional bike builders, only the outside design appearance makes any difference. It takes a skilled metal man to appreciate the types of things that make an innovative mechanical bike. I think that Sr. and Jessie probably build a tremendous bike that would last forever and have lots of great fabrication. The Fast and Furious boys built a "riders bike" but that didn't help Jessie last time, so he went for a sport look. With voting as it currently is, they might as well have bikes with mock motors. The bikes should be judged by professionals who actually look closely, ride and test the bikes and then you would have something!
- Anonymous: It is definitely clear the build off is a popularity contest. In my opinion all of the builders did a great job yea even Jesse although I don’t care much for his cocky attitude which is why I think a lot of voters did not vote for him. Regardless it is a chopper build off therefore PJD and the Gas Monkey boys came in their rightful place.
Of course, who knows how many people voted for Jesse or anyone else, because Discovery Channel did not bother to inform fans what the full results of their text-efforts were, not revealing who came in third or fourth, or by what percentages the fans voted their choices. As Huliq reader “Charlie” wrote:
Instead of trying to incite a fight on the build off show, why not let everyone know the complete voting percentages of the competition. It’s BS to keep third and fourth places and voting results hidden, makes the whole thing look like it is, fake! Very poor programming!
And, the idea that the winner or, perhaps, any of the participants, come close to representing the best bike-builder in the world is not supported by some Huliq readers:
- Anonymous: There are a lot of bike builder out there at can build some real nice bikes PJD is not the best out there only because he is on TV it makes it look like he is the best. People should go to some real bike shows and they would see what is out there.
- Domino: Jesse said he was building a mix of sport bike (Ducatti) and Harley (motor was V-twin, but not Harley). He said,"something no one else had done before"... REALLY?!?... Maybe he has never heard of Eric Buell? Or if you want a Big Twin sportbike try a Confederate. Both have been around for years. … Junior’s bike? I like rat rod style, but Hey, would you ride that thing? (embarrassing) A car bike??? Arlen Ness did such a nice job on his '57 Chevy bike....
Some Huliq readers indicated that they hoped that there would continue to be American Chopper: Live Build-Off shows, even though American Chopper was cancelled this year by the Discovery Channel. And, perhaps the build-offs will continue, if fans demand it. But, one Huliq reader may have had the best suggestion for a potential third build-off next year:
Next year’s build off should be a 3 way build off between the boys on Moonshiners, see who can build the best still and the winner will be determined by a "drink off". This biker build off is nothing but a popularity contest between guys with shows on Discovery Channel.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/Moonshiners
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims