It was a bad week at Gas Monkey Garage, but the guys certainly did not lose their sense of humor when it came to pranking OCC and PJD.
It wasn’t a great week at Gas Monkey Garage on Fast N’ Loud, but it certainly ended on a funny note.
The guys at Gas Monkey Garage are interesting to watch, probably because they seem like the kind of guys you would find at your local car-flippin’ garage down the street. Gas Monkey Garage is owned by Richard Rawlings, a Fort Worth, TX, native with a long history of loving cars. Richard bought his first car when he was only 14-years-old: a green ’74 Mercury Comet. Today, he still displays a love for those old rides, and has worked his entire life, he says, just so he could afford to buy the cars he loves. Richard has also won the Gumball 3000 and the Bullrun, twice, and is the current world record holder in the Cannonball Run: 2,811 miles from New York to Los Angeles in 31 hours and 59 minutes, averaging 87.6 miles per hour.
Aaron Kaufman is the mechanic/fabricator who makes it possible for Richard’s Gas Monkey dream to keep running smoothly—well, most of the time. Originally from Crowley, TX, Aaron taught himself his trade, taking things apart and putting them back together—HIS way. Working at a local car shop, Aaron met Richard, who was looking for someone to air ride his ’53 Ford Mainline. Richard wanted the shop’s top man, and that turned out to be Aaron. It was years later when Richard opened Gas Monkey Garage, but Aaron had made an impression on him, and he looked Aaron up and asked him to be a part of the Gas Monkey Garage team, which he still is today, as fans are well aware.
Fans can read more about Aaron and Richard at Discovery Channel online.
Bad, Bad Week at Gas Monkey Garage
This week, Richard hit a road bump, losing employee Scot, who is going out on his own; spending too much money buying a 1964 Lincoln Continental from a little old lady who may or may not have suckered him (anybody out there remember Barney’s car-buying adventure on The Andy Griffith Show?) and selling it at a loss just to get rid of it; and getting way behind on a ’59 Chevy build that they simply have to get to auction on a set deadline if they are going to make any money. Richard summed it up:
“I lost a man, I bought a lemon, I’m supposed to have my truck finished and all I’ve got is a chassis … what the @@@@ is going on?”
Live Build-Off Prank War Continues
Gas Monkey Garage did pull a couple of great pranks on OCC and PJD this week, continuing the ongoing prank-war leading up to the upcoming American Chopper Live Bike Build-Off: Crushing a bike and sending it off to the guys at OCC with an OCC logo attached, then making a hilarious take-off video of Senior and Junior’s infamous fight that led to the American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior split:
Junior or Senior fan, you have GOT to love that video—even the OCC and PJD guys were rolling as they sat and watched this one. Whether or not the rookies win the Build-Off, they definitely came up with the best prank for the prelude.
Fast N’ Loud airs on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights at 10/9c. Fans can watch the Gas Monkey Garage guys on the upcoming Chopper Live: The Revenge on December 10, 9/8c, and again on December 11, at 9/8c.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/YouTube
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims