Did Shannon really believe that getting married would make Gene into a new man?
Season 7 of Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E comes to a close tonight, in a series of three half-hour episodes: “KISS a Vet,” “Old Habits Die Hard” and “Attack of the Groupies.”
Any guesses on what direction these episodes are going in?
With the adoption question settled and off the table—at least for now—it appears that the Simmons family is going back to the tried-and-true for fans’ entertainment: Gene’s bad behavior. But, this time, viewers may get to see a twist: Nick’s bad behavior. And, could Sophie be considering following her mom as a pin-up?
In “KISS a Vet,” Shannon decides she is going to go all-out for the vets, doing a calendar for the guys. Gene, however, is taken aback.
“You met her when she was doing Playboy,” Nick points out. “You met her at the Playboy mansion. … This is not some new thing.”
But, Gene seems more agitated at the idea of Sophie getting into the act.
“That’s not gonna happen,” Gene states when Nick insinuates that Sophie may be next with a new naked spread. “I’d buy the magazine first.”
Typical hypocrisy when it comes to men and their daughters—it’s okay as long as it is some “unknown” woman, but not their daughter. Somebody else's daughter, okay. But, never their daughters.
Of course, the pin-up calendar is not a nudie. Sexy, but not a nudie.
But, you never know.
When Gene surprises Shannon with the news of a tour, she balks. But, knowing that her new husband could fall prey to his old ways, Shannon agrees to travel along and play, as she says, “babysitter.” Probably a good idea if she wants her hubby to have a chance of staying on the straight and narrow. And, he’s asking her to be there; isn’t this what she wanted? To be his wife and have her husband want her around? It’s understandable that she doesn’t want to have to guard him every second, but, honestly, marrying the man did not change him into someone else—he’s still Gene Simmons.
And, Shannon is still never satisfied.
A bigger problem for Shannon, however, is her son’s growing womanizing ways. Could Nick be turning into his father? And, should anyone be surprised if he does? But, he’s a young man—a young single man. Perhaps it’s too soon to declare him a womanizer?
What Exactly Does Shannon Want?
When the newlyweds do get on tour in South America, the groupies are everywhere—surprise. And, Gene and Shannon are fighting about them—another surprise. And, Shannon leaves from her “babysitting” job, to which Gene says, “I think you’re overreacting.”
“I wasn’t being irrational," Shannon later tells her ever-agreeing sister. "I was just putting a period on 28 some-odd years of behavior that really must stop. … I am done with it.”
Can this marriage survive? Better yet, should it have happened in the first place?
Gene Simmons Family Jewels airs tonight, Monday, on A&E, beginning at 9/8c.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More