Will Gene ever be able to make Shannon happy?
Another season of A&Es Gene Simmons Family Jewels is in the can, and, as has become the usual, Shannon was complaining and Gene was caving to her irrational demands.
One has to wonder just what Shannon thought was going to happen when Gene slipped that gold band on her hand. The couple had been together for over 25 years at that point. They had raised two children together (well, actually, both Gene and Shannon agree that Shannon did most of the raising, but that’s a different subject). They had built a life built around Gene’s obsessive need to be the center of the universe and Shannon’s willingness to indulge that need. And, of course, Gene did not go down the aisle willingly; she badgered him into it. But, somehow, once Gene agreed to marry her, she appears to have believed that their relationship would magically transform into whatever fantasy she had dreamed up in her mind. Apparently, however, Gene isn’t making the cut, because no matter what he does, Shannon is unhappy.
Closing out the season, Gene went on tour, and was making the rounds in South America when the show ended. One has to ask, did Shannon believe that Gene would give up touring when they got married? She certainly did not like the fact that he was going on tour, even though he asked her to come along—something that seems like it should please her, that he wanted her, his wife, there with him. But, no, she just didn’t want to have to “babysit” him.
You know, that is fair on her part. No one, male or female, wants to have to babysit their spouse. No one wants to feel that if they are not around, the worst will happen. And, Shannon does have more-than-adequate reason to fear the worst from Gene when he gets out on the road. But, he is, after all, Gene Simmons. And, more than that, Shannon helped create the monster that she now wants gone from their lives. She spent 25+ years excusing his behavior, and now expects that a gold band should magically take all of that away. But, he did ask her to go with him, for her to help him. He is asking for her help. He is acknowledging that he needs her help, that he wants her help--something even Dr. Wexler pointed out to her--and her only response is that she doesn't want to babysit.
Shannon Says, "I Didn't Know."
Of course, Shannon does not want to be accountable for her role in the problem. As she told her personal cheering section, Dr. Ann Wexler, “We were, for all I knew, a monogamous couple, because I didn’t know.”
Oh, come on, Shannon; the whole WORLD knew that Gene Simmons was not monogamous; he certainly didn’t try to hide it. He flaunted it, if anything. So, don’t try and pretend now that you did not know, too.
Hopefully, these two will start singing a different tune before we see them again. Maybe Shannon will start to realize this is a situation she, in a large way, helped create. Maybe Dr. Ann Wexler will actually tell her that. And, right now, she’s furious and Gene has not even DONE anything. If she’s going to be angry because Gene is continuing to take photos with groupies—and, yes, perhaps an occasional signing of body parts, like, yes, the rear-end that perhaps he should have declined on—then she is going to have a long, angry rest of her life.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims