The Discovery Channel says that one crew will hit the "mother lode" this season, but which one?
Discovery Channel's highest-rated series, Gold Rush, returns for a third season on Friday, October 26th. After two years of equipment breakdowns, infighting and battling Mother Nature, this season one crew finally strikes it rich.
The question is: Which one?
Parker Schnabel is back, hoping to redeem himself after a season of digging nothing but dirt last year, and prove to his family, especially his grandfather, long-time gold miner John Schnabel, that he has the right stuff to be a real gold miner. And, fan not-so-favorite “Dakota Fred” Hurt returns, hoping that the glory hole, once the project of Jack Hoffman before Fred claim-jumped the Hoffman team, will finally pay off big.
The night of October 26th will be a big one for Gold Rush fans, with the new 90-minute special, Gold Rush: Do or Die kicking off the evening at 7:30 p.m. E/P. The special will focus on what each team did over the winter to prepare for the gold mining season, to ensure that this summer will lead to a big payoff. The special will then be followed by the first regular episode of Season 3 of Gold Rush, “Million Dollar Season." According to Discovery Channel, one of the crews will hit the “mother lode” this go-around, but which crew is any fan’s guess. Parker has a brand new crew at the Big Nugget Mine, working on new land with a newly rebuilt wash plant. Dakota Fred finally hits bedrock in the infamous glory hole and, since he was seeing his best gold of last season just as it was getting too cold to mine, he is hoping that this season will be the one that makes him a millionaire. And, as always, Todd Hoffman is looking at his glass as half-full, setting a goal of 1,000 ounces this season, even though he and his crew were unable to reach even 100 ounces last year. But, with two claims and double the crew and equipment, could this actually be the season of real money for the Hoffman team?
Gold Rush: Do or Die airs on the Discovery Channel on Friday, October 26, at 7:30 p.m. E/P. The regular season of Gold Rush then begins, with the season premiere airing at 9:00 p.m.
Image: Discovery Channel
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season