As the weather gets warmer, more and more weekend warriors will be pulling out their power tools, but consumers should first make sure that their Honda grass trimmer is not the one involved in this recall by American Honda Motor Company.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with American Honda Motor Company of Torrance, CA, today announced a voluntary recall of Honda grass trimmers.
Approximately 14,000 of the defective grass trimmers were distributed in the United States, while another approximate 3,600 were distributed in Canada. The shaft on the grass trimmers can crack, causing the lower gear case and cutting attachment to detach, posing a laceration hazard to both the operator of the grass trimmer and any bystanders in the area.
At this time, Honda is aware of 11 incidents of broken or cracked shafts on the grass trimmers. However, no injuries have been reported at this time.
The recalled grass trimmer is made by Honda and has the model number HHT35SUKAT. The trimmer is gas-powered and has a red engine housing with the word "Honda" on the top front and a bicycle handlebar-style grip. A label on the shaft includes the words "Honda" and "HHT35S." Recalled trimmers are in the serial number range HAHA-1000001 to HAHA-1017345. The serial number is located on the top side of the shaft below the handlebars.
The now-recalled grass trimmers have been sold at Honda Power Equipment dealers nationwide and online from May 2006 to February 2012.
The grass trimmer was manufactured in the United States
Consumers should immediately stop using these trimmers and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair. For more information, contact American Honda toll-free at (888) 888-3139 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the American Honda's website at http://powerequipment.honda.com.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reminds consumers that it is illegal to resell a recalled consumer product.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?