Tonight on Destination America's Buying Alaska, former Broncos kicker Jason Elam and his wife are looking for a post-NFL home on a private island.
It seems almost everyone is having dreams of Buying Alaska these days. This week, former Broncos kicker Jason Elam and his wife, Tammy, are featured on Destination America, looking for their dream home.
Of course, the Elams aren’t just looking for a home, viewers will learn; they are looking for an island. According to Destination America:
Former Broncos kicker Jason Elam and his wife Tammy have moved to Alaska for their post-NFL lives. They’re looking for the ultimate secluded home – their own private island, in Sitka, Alaska, where there’s thousands of islands up for sale.
Their real estate agent finds them some great options, including the Treehouse ($453,000), the Rock Home ($999,000) and the Lodge ($1,825,000). Each home, of course, has its upsides and downsides.
- This house is on an island, but it’s not private, so this dock is shared with six other properties on the island.
- Even though this house is on an island, it has electricity that comes in through cables under the water, so this kitchen has all the modern amenities
- The only way to get up to the loft, where both bedrooms are located, is by a steep ladder.
- This island may not be private, but the long walk down the path to the house will definitely make you feel like there’s no one else around.
- This house is called the treehouse because of how high up it is, giving you spectacular views of the water and a volcano, Mount Edgecomb.
The Rock Home
- The deck wraps around the entire house, giving you stunning views of the Sitka Sound from any angle.
- This house is on its own private island and has its own private dock for you to land on.
- There’s also a guest cabin on the property with its own bathroom, so your family and friends have a place to stay when they come to visit.
- This house has city power and a rain catchment system to provide you with all the comforts of home while being on your own island.
- The panoramic windows in the living room provide stunning views of the Sitka Sound and all the wildlife that lives in it.
- What could be more Alaskan than having a chandelier made from genuine antlers in your guest cabin?
- This property comes with its own boathouse, perfect for storing all your smelly fishing gear and keeping it out of the house.
- A bridge connects the main house to the guest house on the island and carries all the electrical wires to the guest house as well.
- After a long day of fishing, what better way to prepare your catch than to smoke it in a smoker, located steps from the water?
Jason and Tammy Elam will be choosing their dream island in Alaska tonight, Sunday, November 18, on Buying Alaska, airing on Destination America at 10 p.m. E/P.
Image: Destination America
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season