Diggers fans will be back for more this week, learning new metal-detecting terminology along the way on the National Geographic Channel.
Fans of the new National Geographic Channel show Diggers no doubt have their own dreams of backyard treasure. Hobbyist metal detectorists and Diggers co-hosts “King George” Wyant and Tim “The Ringmaster” Saylor travel the U.S. listening for the beeps that may indicate not only a big score in their wallets, but a hit from the pages of history.
After the premiere of Diggers, viewers were talking about “the juice” (anything cool extracted from the earth), “cologne” (any artifact related to colonial times) and “nectar” (again, anything cool extracted from the earth). This week, fans will be introduced to more terms from the Diggers glossary, found on the show’s National Geographic Channel website, no doubt from the Civil War era. According to NatGeo, on tonight’s episode, “Civil War Nectar Sector”:
The guys are digging at Civil War campsites in Virginia these nectar hot spots are a great place to find Union and Confederate artifacts, and KG and Ringy hope to strike it rich with the ultimate find: a strongbox. Strongboxes were used to store valuables somewhere on a homestead; the valuables were buried and often forgotten after family members passed away.
Following is episode, “The Lost Hotel.” According to NatGeo:
KG and Ringy are on a mission in Montana to find a long-lost cavalry camp. The boys want evidence that the camp existed, but finding it won't be easy: The fabled camp is said to be located in a desert oasis.
NatGeo suggests that the enthusiasm “KG” and “Ringy” project will be contagious for viewers, and no doubt they hope that fans will tune in weekly to check out what kind of “juice” the two will unearth next.
Diggers episode, “Civil War Nectar Sector” airs on National Geographic Channel tonight, Tuesday, January 08, beginning at 10 p.m., followed by episode, “The Lost Hotel” at 10:30 p.m.
Image: National Geographic Channel
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally