Todd shutting down the turbo trommel is on the agenda for tonight's episode of Gold Rush, the Discovery Channel indicates.
Todd Hoffman has spent a couple of seasons practicing to be a gold miner; in Season Three of Gold Rush on the Discovery Channel, it appears he still needs more practice.
Things have not been going well for Team Hoffman this season. Todd is gullible and impulsive, demonstrated by his snap-decision purchase of his “turbo trommel," a decision based on nothing more, it seemed, than a glance and instant trust in its builder, who gave glowing assurances of how his product was going to change the gold mining world one day. Dave tried to warn him not to buy it, that it was too expensive and unproven, but, with money in hand from investors, Todd ignored Dave. And, as fans know, the turbo trommel has been nothing but headaches for Team Hoffman since, not arriving on time and, when it did make it to Quartz Creek, not working properly. Now, it appears that the turbo trommel will be making its last gasp on Quartz Creek. In fact, it looks like the two-site operation has been a complete bust, whatever the wash plant. According to the Discovery Channel:
Todd calls it quits on his turbo trommel and shuts down his Quartz Creek operation. Dave's race to open a new cut leaves his dozer hanging over a cliff. Parker finally hits bedrock at Emerson Trench and two broken machines force Fred to go deeper in debt.
Of course, Todd’s investor, Jason Otteson, has not been impressed from early in the season, and is now concerned that he may have made a mistake putting his faith—and the firm’s money—into the endeavors of Team Hoffman.
“I think he’s been coasting,” Jason said. “I might have backed the wrong horse.”
Of course, if the Quartz Creek operation is indeed shut down, there will be no need for many of the hands currently on-site—something Discovery hints in teases that Jason makes clear to Todd tonight. And, of course, the 1,000-ounce goal continues to loom; with only one site pulling out gold, can it be reached?
Race to the Mother Lode
Someone, Discovery Channel has reminded fans over and over and over this season, is going to hit the “mother lode” before it is over; it doesn’t appear that it will be Team Hoffman. But, then again, at this time, it doesn’t really look like it will be Parker, who seems to be mining on gold-poor land, or the Dakota boys, who cannot keep their equipment running long enough to get anywhere. So, at this point, it would appear that it is anyone’s mother lode to win.
What do you think?
Gold Rush airs on the Discovery Channel on Friday nights at 9/8c.
Image: Discovery Channel
Video: Discovery Channel/Gold Rush
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?