The Dargers, a family with three wives, challenge the Brown family's views tonight, wondering how the women deal with having to wait until "their" nights with Kody to get a little love.
Fans of Sister Wives on TLC have gotten to see over the seasons how the Brown family handles having three, then four, wives married to one husband. This week, fans will get a look into another polygamist family, the Dargers, and see how their view of polygamy is similar—and different—than that of Kody and his wives.
According to TLC, tonight on episode “More Sister Wives!”:
The Browns plan a vacation with their polygamist friends, the Dargers as they head to the beach for some polygamist fun in the sun. For the first time we'll meet another polygamist family and discover how they're the same, or different from the Browns.
A Separate Whole?
The Browns have been adamant that they never tried to “hide” the fact that their children were all brothers and sisters from the beginning, and that Kody has always been involved in all of their lives, despite the dangers inherent to the polygamist lifestyle. Private, yes, before the show Sister Wives hit the airwaves on TLC, but not secretive. It was their goal, they have said, to have the multiple wives and children, with Kody in the center of it all, function as one true family:
But, the wives have been equally clear that, although they strive to have a cohesive family, and they work continuously on having their own relationships between the sister wives, each sister wife also keeps their relationship with Kody to themselves. There is minimal “flaunting” of affection between Kody and the wives, and they do not discuss—at least, they try not to discuss—the specifics of their own relationships with Kody with each other (although when Robyn came into the family, these “rules” were somewhat thrown out the window for awhile, as far as some were concerned, it seemed). And, when a wife is pregnant, they have indicated in the past, it becomes harder for the other wives not to dwell on her relationship with Kody 24/7. The ultimate “flaunting,” perhaps?
“For me to be openly affectionate with all four of my wives, it’s not easy at all,” Kody says in the teaser for tonight’s new episode.
The Dargers, however, may have a different view of just what having a polygamist marriage means.
“You have to wait until it is your NIGHT?” one of the Darger wives asks the Brown wives in the teaser. “That doesn’t make sense,” she tells them, obviously amazed they would be willing to subject themselves to such a restriction. Of course, the irony is that many fans will be looking at both families asking how ANY of the women could subject themselves to such restrictions, period.
Will the Browns’ interaction with the Dargers bring them to question their own way of looking at their relationships?
Sister Wives airs on TLC on Sunday nights at 9/8c.
Video: TLC/Sister Wives
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims