The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has announced a recall of certain lots of Spinbrush Rechargeable SONIC toothbrushes, due to fire and shock hazards.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has announced that Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is voluntarily recalling certain lots of Spinbrush Rechargeable SONIC toothbrushes. The reason for the recall, the FDA indicates, is because the charging base may overheat with localized melting and sparking, possibly causing fire, shock or burns.
According to the recall information, the risk of the recalled Spinbrush Rechargable SONIC toothbrushes malfunctioning appears to increase with the age of the product. To date, Church & Dwight has received six consumer reports of overheating in the U.S. and one consumer report in Canada. However, as of this writing, there have been no reported injuries to date.
The recall is limited to select lots of Spinbrush Rechargeable SONIC toothbrushes. Product with a lot number from one of the following ranges is affected by this recall: DD9310 to 9365 or DD0002 to 0122. The lot number can be found on the bottom of the charging base and on the packaging. Products with lot numbers outside of these ranges are not at risk and are not subject to this recall.
The Spinbrush battery-powered or Spinbrush SONIC battery-operated toothbrushes do not have a charging base with an electric cord and plug and are not subject to this recall.
The indicated lots were distributed between February 2010 and October 2011 in all U.S. states and in Canada.
Consumers who have the affected units should stop using them and return them to Church & Dwight for a full refund. Consumers should call 1-888-709-4100 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday. Outside of these hours, an automated service is available 24 hours a day, or consumers can visit online at www.sonicrechargereturn.com for further information and to determine if they have product subject to this recall.
Church & Dwight indicated that they have issued this voluntary recall because the company is committed to delivering only the highest quality consumer products and providing the appropriate information to ensure their safe use.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More