On the twelfth day of Christmas celebrate with a cup of hot chocolate or a bowl full of ice cream topped with whipped cream as today is National Whipped Cream Day and some stores take advantage with discounts.
The local Starbucks may not be getting in on the celebration but chances are there is a cafe or restaurant nearby with some kind of plan in store for the day. The Haagen-Dazs in the Queens Center Mall in New York has set up a Facebook event to encourage folks to stop in for some whipped cream topped ice cream from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. today. Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago is also planning on honoring the day for customers and the fun does not stop there. Tomorrow, which is National Shortcake Day, Eli's Cheesecake will be offering customers a 10% discount on shortbread.
Sertinos Cafe in Emerson, New Jersey is also getting in on the fun. The cafe is offering anything that comes with whipped cream at half price when a customer mentions the Facebook promotion.
Home chefs will also be preparing homemade whipped cream as well. Finding a recipe online is easy enough but some may need to make a trip to the grocery store to pick up some fresh whipped cream. Reddi-wip is offering a $.50 coupon on their website for those choosing to celebrate but are low on whipped cream. Those of an appropriate age may be considering consuming some whipped cream flavored alcohol, which created a stir in the news last month.
Whipped Lightning, an alcohol infused whipped cream that is available in three flavors (strawberry, caramel, and chocolate), contains 15% alcohol and has become one of the latest alcohol related crazes on college campuses. "I think it's awesome, you can throw it on some Jell-O shots, it'd be fantastic," University of Central Florida student Bo Frisby said in a December report by CBN.
"Even regular whipped cream is something people don't use in moderation," UCF student Lisette Diaz says. "Alcoholic whipped cream? I don't know if that would be a good idea."
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags