Today on ABC's The Chew the crew is sharing 3 Breakfast Blow Out ideas and Michael Symon is showing some hot new kitchen gadgets to viewers.
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Today on ABC's “The Chew,” the crew is having a bodacious Breakfast Blow Out with 3 special treats to start off the day. Michael Symon is also showing viewers a few hot new kitchen gadgets that may or may not prove to be useful.
3 Breakfast Blow Out Ideas
Most kids remember their parents reminding them to have breakfast in the morning as they rushed off to school. When we get older, we tend to skip breakfast or grab the wrong types of foods. People stop at doughnut shops on the way to work. Others grab a roll with butter and a huge cup of coffee. This caffeine and carbohydrate rush typically wears off by mid-morning and people start to feel fatigued. It is better to start your day with protein and power-packed tea that contains antioxidants. Eating protein and eliminating toxins gives your body the fuel it needs to succeed until lunchtime.
Today on ABC's “The Chew” the crew is having a fabulous Breakfast Blow Out. They will serve up some sensational recipes that really start the day off right. Daphne Oz is preparing Breakfast Boosting Tea. This alternative to coffee is sure to energize you in the morning. Green tea contains antioxidants and ginger is a fragrant and inspiring herb.
Carla Hall is preparing Glorified Grits. Her grits with sausage and cheese are a hearty way to start the day and it is unlikely you'll feel hungry in an hour. Clinton Kelly's Steak and Eggs with Hash Brown Waffles combine familiar favorites in a whole new way. This breakfast selection also has plenty of protein to get you going. When “The Chew” asked Facebook fans about their favorite breakfast choices, one fan commented, “Served in bed! Aka pancakes and sausage or bacon. Come to my house and serve me!” Other fans liked choices such as bacon, scrambled eggs and yogurt. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Cool Gadgets on ABC's “The Chew”
Michael Symon had an opportunity to visit the International Home and Housewares Show in Chicago. There were 13 miles of vendors showing off the most innovative wares for every room in the house. Michael decided to search for a few of the coolest gadgets of 2013. He also returned to “The Chew” with a big bag of swag.
Several gadgets were featured on “The Chew” today. There was a whipped cream pump that made it easy to make your own whipped cream to add to a bowl of strawberries or blueberries. Another vendor showed viewers the Zip Zester, a handy gadget to have in your kitchen or bar. It zested a lemon in just seconds, making it an ideal tool for baking or making cocktails. They also showed the Cuisinart steamer convection oven, an innovate way to cook cuisine that is crisp on the outside and moist in the middle. Michael even checked out a housecleaning robot. The Winbot cleans windows while you do something more fun with your time. Would any of these gadgets help you out at home?
"The Chew" also discussed an important issue - hunger in America. Chef Tom Collicchio's wife was on the show discussing a documentary she made about the problem. More than 50 million people are going hungry. Many of the people who get food stamps are working full-time and still can't afford to feed their families. We all have to reach out to help. Michael also revealed no food is waste on the show as all the leftovers are donated to City Harvest.
ABC's “The Chew” airs on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood