Cheese is the word of the day on ABC's The Chew as they whip up familiar favorites such as grilled cheese then Daphne learns to make cheese in NYC.
One of fans' favorite comfort foods is cheese, especially when it is melted in the winter. Today “The Chew” is serving up some sensational cuisine featuring cheese as the starring ingredient. Daphne will also visit a famous venue in New York City to learn how to make cheese.
It's All About Cheese on “The Chew”
Today “The Chew” is whipping up some delicious dishes made with cheese. Traditional favorites include macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese. The are comfort foods people remember sinking their teeth into since they were kids. Usually you can appeal to a child when you serve something cheesy. Fans will get a new version of old-fashioned favorites today as the crew shares their unique recipes using cheese.
The show also turned to its Facebook fans to find out their favorite kinds of cheese. Some thought Gouda was good while other felt cheddar was better. Others on the list included mozzarella, pepper Jack and feta cheeses. They are also used to make tasty meals people can't get enough of. “The Chew” is sure to use a combination of cheeses to make their cheesy specialties.
Beecher's Cheese in NYC on “The Chew”
What could be better that cooking with cheese? Learning how to make it yourself. Today Daphne is heading to Beecher's Handmade Cheese shops in New York City. It is sure to be fun to watch Daphne as she gets her hands dirty learning how to make cheese in a famous shop located in New York's Flatiron District.
The first Beecher's Handmade Cheese shop was opened in Seattle's historic Pike Place Market. Simple machinery is used to aid in the careful process that involves using the same techniques that have been used for generations. Kurt Beecher Dammeier was a cheese lover since childhood who encouraged his mom to buy artisan cheese over the processed cheeses that were starting to overtake the wheel. He fondly remembered his grandfather and his wheels of Stilton when he named the business in 2002. By 2003, Beecher's Handmade Cheese opened its doors.
Kurt always believed it was important to eat food free from harmful preservatives and additives. He also feel it is important for people to know where their food comes from, what goes into the food and how it is made. Pike Place Market is a mecca for fresh product and handcrafted goods so it was the ideal spot for the first shop. By 2008, Kurt considered a shop in NYC and its doors opened in 2011 as a store, cafe and restaurant featuring cheese. The cheeses contain no nitrates, bovine growth hormones, hydrogenated oils and polysorbate. Instead they use the freshest ingredients around to make pure, all-natural cheeses. Today fans will see it happen before their eyes as Daphne learns how to make cheese. HULIQ will return with more later. What is your favorite type of cheese?
ABC's “The Chew” airs weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?