Today Nigella Lawson of ABC's The Taste joins The Chew crew to explore the secrets to making a super steak.
The week starts with Nigella Lawson of ABC's “The Taste” joining “The Chew” crew to prepare a delicious steak. The steak house celebration also includes choosing the perfect cuts of meat as well as some irresistible side dishes. With all these experts sharing their secrets, fans are sure to be able to prepare the perfect steak at home.
Secrets to a Super Steak on ABC's “The Chew”
Many Americans consider a steak dinner a real treat but making steak can be tricky. It is important to get the right cuts and prepare it properly. Today viewers are learning how to make a mouthwatering steak in their own kitchens with tips from “The Chew” crew. Michael Symon offered his amazing secrets to making a super steak.
First, he suggests fans get to know their butcher by name. A good local butcher can recommend the best cuts and offer you good deals. He also let fans know fat equal flavor which makes for a happier steak eater. Having fat on the meat helps boost the taste. Michael said a fillet can be limp with little flavor due to a lack of fat. He also advises everyone to season or marinate the steak overnight. Whether you just add salt or add a special marinade, it is important to leave it on the meat for a few hours so it soaks in. Before preparing the meat, take it out of the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature. This ensures it cooks to perfection.
Since there are people who do not eat meat, Clinton mentioned a recent university study revealed vegetarians have better sex. It is believed they eat more plants and tofu that boost hormone levels that could improve their sex lives. Daphne, who grew up with Dr. Oz, admitted her parents did have a healthy relationship. She also mentioned it was a challenge to learn how to cook chicken and steak after growing up in a predominantly vegetarian home For this reason, she did an internship at Porter House in New York to learn how it is done. Daphne said it can get hot in a commercial kitchen and “The Chew” paid a visit to Porter House later in the show.
Nigella Lawson on ABC's “The Chew”
Every Tuesday evening, fans tune in to watch Nigella Lawson, Anthony Bourdain, Brian Malarkey and Ludo Lefebvre on ABC's “The Taste.” Professional chefs and home cooks compete with the celebrity judges making a determination based on a single spoonful. Today Nigella Lawson joined “The Chew” to prepare Steak Tagliata for Two with Mario Batali. Nigella also has a new book out, “Nigellissima,” that celebrates her passion for Italian food. Besides the tantalizing steak, this dynamic culinary duo also made spinach baked with ricotta and nutmeg as a side dish. It looked like a delicious idea for Valentine' Day dinner with that special someone. For more ways to prepare steak, visit “The Chew” online to get the recipes.
ABC's “The Chew” airs on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims