Today on ABC's The Chew Katherine Heigl will work on making the perfect pie with Mario Batali.
Katherine Heigl will be joining the crew on ABC's “The Chew” today to take a bite out of a favorite all-American dish. Mario Batali will help her learn how to make the perfect pie. Viewers will also get some great tips for making all kinds of pies at home.
Katherine Heigl on ABC's “The Chew”
Today Katherine Heigl, the lovely actress and producer, will be warming up the kitchen on ABC's “The Chew.” She is well-known for her role as Dr. Izzie Stevens on ABC's medical drama “Grey's Anatomy.” Heigl played the role from 2005 to 2010. In 2007, she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Heigl also appeared in many films such as “That Night,” “Knocked Up,” “27 Dresses” and “New Year's Eve.” She began her stellar career as a child model with Wilhemina Models. Heigl has graced the cover of publications such as “Cosmopolitan,” “Maxim” and “Vanity Fair."
Besides her amazing career, Heigl is also married to singer Josh Kelley. The attractive couple has two daughters. She is sure to have a few tips of her own as she joins everyone on “The Chew” today. Heigl and Mario will work on making the perfect pie together. Mario is sure to be pleased about cooking with such a pretty and talented lady. It will be interesting to see what type of pie they decide to prepare.
The Perfect Pie on ABC's “The Chew”
Yesterday “The Chew” had a cooking class for viewers to learn the basics about getting around the kitchen. They presented a few simple recipes and a shopping list so everyone could do it themselves at home. Many people feel anxious about trying new recipes in the kitchen. Learning the basics makes people feel more confident. It also keeps them away from prepared foods that contain too many additives and preservatives.
Today the show is serving up a variety of pies. From sweet to savory, fans will learn how to make yummy pies at home. Buying a gourmet pie can cost up to $20 or more. Making your own pies is a money-saving idea that gives you greater control over the ingredients. Facebook fans are looking forward to the show. One commented, “I'll be watching. I make pies a lot and I've tried different crust recipes, with butter, Crisco butter shortening and vegetable oil, ice cold water and salt. I add sugar sometimes but I'm always looking to try a new way or improve on what I already know.”
Pie is a major part of American culture. People refer to being as “American as apple pie.” Certain pies are served on holidays, especially Thanksgiving. This important day would not be the same without pies such as pumpkin pie and mince pie. Chicken pot pie is a favorite dinner that includes tasty gravy and vegetables. “The Chew” is sure to serve an array of interesting pies with easy recipes to make them. HULIQ will return with more later.
ABC's “The Chew” airs on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims