With just one day left the enter the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Giveaway it is the ideal time to take a peak at its practical pantry.
Tomorrow is the last day to enter the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Giveaway. For those who have not entered yet, there is still one more chance to win. A tour of the practical pantry in this zen country cottage is sure to make anyone want to live there.
The HGTV Dream Home 2013 Pantry
After a recent tour of the HGTV Dream Home dining room and kitchen, it is irresistible to take a peak at the pantry. This practical area borrow's the color palate in the kitchen. The pantry is visible from both the great room and the kitchen for total convenience. There is plenty of storage as well as a food preparation space.
The area was originally intended to be an elevator shaft. The design/build team made the most of every square inch of space in this pantry. The counter skirt material features an oversized trellis pattern. According to interior designer Linda Woodrum, "The trellis fabric in the butler's pantry is perfect. It adds glamour, it's very current and it hides everything you don't want to see, just like the perfect dress.” A counter skirt is a budget-chic way to conceal the storage shelves. The graphic theme continues with the nickel-plated brass wife lamp that has a honeycomb shape.
Christina Hewson added to the graphic design with India ink dog portraits featured throughout the butler's pantry. The images of dogs are a focal point in this space. The pantry is an ideal spot for pet owners with a deep-cleaning vacuum featuring a detachable and portable spot cleaner to get into those spots that are tough to reach.
Wine enthusiasts will love the stainless steel wine cellar that is neatly tucked away under the countertop. Though the area is small, this wine cellar can hold 24 bottles. The winner of the HGTV Dream Home 2013 is sure to be ready for any party or holiday gathering with this setup. Few people could resist the kitchen, dining room and pantry in this lovely home.
Besides its practicality, the HGTV Dream Home pantry is also gracious. There are stacked cereal bowls that look like sculpture. Stoneware and glass pitchers stand on a rattan serving tray. To match the kitchen's color scheme of white, green and gray, there are colorful gelato dessert bowls. The use of color and artwork visually connects the pantry to the great room and kitchen.
The Last Day to Enter the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Giveaway
The end of the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Giveaway is coming near. The giveaway started on December 28, 2012 and ends on February 15, 2013 at 5 p.m. ET. This gives you just two more opportunities to enter. You can enter once daily at both HGTV.com and FrontDoor.com. The $2 million prize package includes the HGTV Dream Home located on Kiawah Island in South Carolina, a new GMC Acadia Denali and $500,000.
Soon the prize winner will be revealed with thousands of fans hoping they are the lucky one who gets to live in this amazing house. From the marshland views to the designer décor, it is the ideal place to nest. One HULIQ reader commented, "This would be a wonderful birthday gift for me and a great gift to pass on to my children. My date of birth is Feb.15."
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?