ABC's “The Chew” is cooking up holiday goodies with basketball star John Starks and visiting See's Candies for Christmas.
Today basketball star John Starks is joining “The Chew” in the kitchen. The crew is preparing hits from "The Chew's Holiday Recipe Box." The show is also taking fans for an inside look at Christmas candies at See's famous shop.
John Starks on “The Chew”
Several celebrities have already joined ABC's “The Chew” for the holidays including Valerie Bertinelli and Kermit the Frog. Today former pro basketball shooting guard John Starks is joining the show. The basketball giant, measured during his NBA playing career at 6'5”, gained fame while playing for the New York Knicks in the 1990s.
Currently Starks works for the Knicks as an alumus. He is also a fan development official. The famed basketball player is a pre-and-post-game analyst during the Knicks game coverage on MSG Network. In 2004, his autobiography entitled “John Starks: My Life” was published. The star is also a part owner for the Ektio basketball shoe. During his time with the Knicks, Starks became a crowd favorite with plays like “The Dunk.” He was also the first player in the NBA history to achieve 200 three-pointers in a single season.
Besides his skills on the basketball court, Starks is a married man with a son and two daughters. He is sure to have some holiday memories and recipes to share with fans today on ABC's “The Chew.” The show's Facebook page asked fans what they would like to see the basketball player whip up in the kitchen. One Facebook fan commented, “Momma's home cooking,” while another said, “I want him to make a nice Christmas meal!” The show is also serving up some of their own hit recipes for the holidays and feasting on Christmas candy. They also showed viewers how to grow their own herb garden at home for fresh herbs in meals all the time.
Recipes and Sweet Treats at “The Chew”
Families often have their own recipe box filled with holiday favorites. Everyone looks forward to these specialties on Thanksgiving, Christmas and during family gatherings. Sometimes they are passed down from one generation to the next. Today the show will open its own holiday recipe box to share some sensational cuisine with viewers. Some of these delights might even wind up in the family recipe box. Clinton reminded everyone there is only two weeks left until Christmas.
The season is now complete without tasty Christmas candy and desserts. “The Chew” is taking an inside look at See's Candies. The original shop in Los Angeles was started by Charles See, his mother Mary and his wife Florence. Mary realized keeping things in the family was the best way to bring about loving and yummy results. The first candy shop was designed to look like Mary See's kitchen at home. Now “California's Famous Old Time Candies” are sold at over two hundred shops. The company continues to be guided by Charles' motto, “Quality Without Compromises.” Fans are sure to get some great ideas today on “The Chew.” HULIQ will return with more later.
ABC's “The Chew” airs on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?