Today ABC's The Chew serves up an exciting short order cook challenge featuring a few classic diner dishes.
Few people can resist fast diner fare when they are really hungry. Today the crew on ABC's “The Chew” is serving a few classic diner dishes. They will also be a short order cook challenge to see who can whip up the best diner meals in just minutes.
Classic Diner Fare on ABC's “The Chew”
When people get hungry, nothing is faster or more like a home-cooked meal than a diner. Going on the road to travel often means eating at a diner or two. Diners are open early and close late and night. Some diners serve a variety of cuisine 24 hours a day. After a night of partying with friends, young people frequently stop at a diner for some of their favorite foods. From a family get together to a single dining at the counter alone, everyone feels comfortable in these casual eateries. Today ABC's “The Chew” is showing fans how to prepare some of their diner delights at home. Carla came out on roller skates as she chewed gum. Clinton admitted his fave diner fare was disco fries. They seem to be regional dish in the New York area featuring fries with cheese and gravy. Carla is making an all-time favorite - the patty melt.
Many diners prove food doesn't have to be fancy or take forever to taste great. Coffee from a diner is often more enticing than gourmet varieties from a tony cafe. People with an appetite look forward to certain types of food always being served up at a diner. In the morning, people can grab anything from a muffin with coffee to a steak and eggs. Yesterday “The Chew” served up a few fast and easy breakfast delights. Lunch at the diner might be grilled cheese, soup or a cheeseburger. At night diners serve everything from appetizers to magnificent specialty main courses to decadent desserts.
On their Facebook page, “The Chew” asks fans about their favorite diner classics. Responses included chicken fried steak, club sandwiches as well as chicken fingers and French fries with mozzarella cheese and gravy. One fan opined, “I can never get enough pot roast and mashed potatoes..Lots of gravy over it all. Heaven!” Another said, “Smothered pork chops with mashed potatoes & buttermilk biscuits.” It will be fun to see which diner dishes they will serve on “The Chew” today.
Short Order Cook Challenge on ABC's “The Chew”
Sometimes people want a meal in a hurry but are not in the mood for fast food. A short order cook at a diner can make a mouthwatering meal in less time that you would spend in a restaurant. Often the food is just as good and people get the instant gratification they crave. On shows such as “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” short order cooks around the country get the kudos they deserve.
Today there will be a short order cook challenge on “The Chew.” Often Michael makes wonderful meals in just five minutes so the challenge is sure to be exciting. Fans will get an opportunity to see how it is done so they can become short orders cooks in their own home kitchens. It's a great way to dine well at home and stick to a strict budget. HULIQ will return with more later.
ABC's “The Chew” airs weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV