Today a special celebrity guest singer Jewel joins ABC's The Chew as they heat up the kitchen and spice up everyone's favorite comfort foods.
Few people can resist the lure of familiar comfort foods. Today ABC's “The Chew” will spice up these traditional favorites. Singer Jewel will return to the show to join the crew in the kitchen as they whip up these delicious dishes with flair.
Feasting on Comfort Foods on ABC's “The Chew”
Last night on ABC's “The Taste” the theme of the competition was comfort foods. The first competition required the contestants to use bacon, eggs and/or cheese. The second competition asked the contestants to whip up their favorite comfort foods. Two cooks were eliminated from the show. One prepared an apple crumble and another made a Mediterranean stew. The diverse recipes and results of the competition proved comfort foods mean something very different to everyone.
Many people think of comfort foods as the dishes they were served during childhood. There are also some traditional comfort foods few people can resist such as macaroni and cheese. Today on ABC's “The Chew” the crew will be spicing up some comfort foods. Adding spice is a way to transform these traditional dishes into your own creations. Spice such as turmeric and garlic are also good for your health. Many spices have antioxidant properties to help flush toxins through your body. Adding spice to foods not only enhances their flavor but boosts your health.
Jewel Gets Comfortable on ABC's “The Chew”
Comfort foods are dishes we see served on the table often. When you feel comfortable, there is no anxiety about trying something new or daring. On a cold night, hot comfort foods make people feel good inside. It seems Jewel is starting to get comfortable on “The Chew.” She is coming back to the show to join the crew in preparing a few spicy comfort foods today. Fans have seen Jewel knows her way around the kitchen and can cook as well as she sings. Many successful cooks also have other careers. Yesterday on “The Chew,” fans learned Martha Stewart worked as a model before she became the ultimate domestic diva. Martha also prepared some chocolate desserts, which are mouthwatering comfort foods for many people.
Back in October, Jewel appeared on the show for Columbus Day. She whipped up some Italian cuisine with Mario Batali. Italian food is always very comforting with soothing sauces, yummy pasta and amazing meats. Spicing it up is easy with onion, oregano, rosemary, red peppers and more. Today on their Facebook page, “The Chew” asked fans about their favorite comfort foods. Popular favorites include mashed potatoes, rice pudding, spaghetti and meat sauce as well as chocolate cake and chicken with dumplings. All of them sound comforting and it will be fun to see which dishes the crew decides to spice up on “The Chew” today. HULIQ will return with more about irresistible comfort foods later.
ABC's “The Chew” airs on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. ET
Image Source: Facebook
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)