Choose a dress with Paris Fashion Week 2012 influences to feel fabulous on romantic Valentine's Day dates and for upcoming spring and summer soirees.
As everyone buzzes about the new runway looks revealed during Paris Fashion Week 2012, Valentine's Day is just a couple of weeks away. Select a dress with modern influences from Paris Fashion Week to wear for a tony Valentine's Day date. Seattle PI and Too Fab offer a delightful array of photos from Paris Fashion Week to get a taste of the styles for spring and summer, 2012.
The looks from Paris Fashion Week fit in anywhere, from a Valentine's Day dinner at a fancy restaurant to dancing at a popular club. Select a single shoulder dress to look seductive without worrying about a slipping bodice. A one-shoulder design is ideal for dancing because it eliminates the need to hold up a strapless bodice. It also reveals a single sultry shoulder and a portion of the upper back.
Timeless strapless designs were also featured on the Paris runways. When selecting a strapless dress, the right fit is essential. A loose fit might slip during dancing and could become an embarrassment. A tight fit is unattractive and uncomfortable, inhibiting the wearer's ability to breathe.
Luxurious lacy looks are back on the runways for spring and summer. Lace is a perfect touch for Valentine's Day, reminiscent of the old-fashioned Valentines sent years ago. Slip into a lacy dress for a romantically feminine look. Mermaid look dresses are making a comeback. The look is fitted from the bodice to the knees with a skirt that flares out fully to the floor.
Helen Terzyan of Hollywood's Elegant Mart told HULIQ, “While everyone wants the fantastically stylish designs of Hollywood and Paris, many cannot afford them. Watch the runways and try to emulate certain styles to look fashionable within your budget. Lace and single-shoulder designs are two of the hottest looks for spring and summer, 2012.”
Last summer, Rachel Zoe spoke to Stacey Doyle of HULIQ at her Hamptons Magazine cover party about her beautifully budget-conscious fashion line, describing it as, “Luxury, really incredible tailoring and unbelievable fabrics, just amazing clothes that are not a million dollars.”
There are a variety of affordable options with fashionable flair for Valentine's Day. Long and short dresses are both in vogue for spring and summer. Full skirts camouflage thicker tummies and hips while straight skirts reveal a well-toned body. Strapless and single-shoulder designs accentuate a beautiful upper body. Cap-sleeved looks are ideal for women who don't want to draw attention to this area.
Colors for Valentine's Day include bright red, fuchsia, ivory and classic black with red accessories. Pastels are another pretty choice, especially muted green and pale pink. The Rachel Zoe Report recently presented “Pretty Pastels: 10 Lovely Looks” that take fashion out of the winter doldrums and into the lighter looks of spring.
Accessorize with high-heeled platform pumps or strapped sandals with a thick platform bottoms. Chunky jewelry including dazzling hoop earrings, thick heart choker necklaces and cuff bracelets finish off the look. Add a touch of bright red lipstick or metallic pink lip gloss for a bit of sparkling appeal on Valentine's Day.
Photo by Stacey Doyle All Rights Reserved 2011 Hamptons magazine celebrates cover star Rachel Zoe at Georgica presented by Grey Goose Vodka Summer Soiree
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?