Clay Aiken, who had the benefit of a very good stylist back in the day, has often looked rumpled since the singer first showed up on the scene for the second season of American Idol.
But new photos of the 33-year-old, who is now competing on Celebrity Apprentice 2012, has his public wondering: Did this Southern boy get plastic surgery?
And this isn't necessarily a flattering question even though it is on the minds of bloggers and social media types around the Net. And the rumor is nothing new, just reoccurring. In fact, this suspicion has been around for a long time, having died down in recent years.
So why resurrect such personal viewpoints about this private personality again just now?
Most pundits are referencing the Celebrity Apprentice cast photo as proof--or not.
Always having brought a baby face, Clay Aiken seems to have somehow turned into a person who appears to be at least a decade older than his actual years, or at least that's the public outcry. Wearing a business suit instead of any hipster attire, Aiken sits behind a desk looking more corporate than artsy. But that's to be expected since the Donald Trump TV show in which this crooner will appear come February appeals to the contestants' more savvy side, at least when it comes to business.
The Worst Celebrity Plastic Surgery Disasters
Jennifer Aniston's face change suggests plastic surgery or botox
Kim Kardashian Begs Brisa Johnson: No Plastic Surgery
Bristol Palin Has a New Look - Did Sarah's Daughter Have Plastic Surgery?
Revolutionizing Low-Impact Cosmetic Surgery Treatments
As for the reemergence of those plastic surgery rumors, Clay Aiken never did say whether or not he had taken that (drastic) path. But he did take part in a People makeover about nine years ago when the magazine said about this redone American Idol alum: "A dye job and a flatiron made his 'do less dorky. His green eyes got better exposure when he traded in his glasses for contacts."
And so Clay Aiken was nabbed back then and made to appear more appealing for some sensibilities. Now, while plastic surgery rumors have returned, at least one social media follower is being kind about the image. @JessieMcV123, who was retweeted by @clayaiken on Twitter said, "Dear #CelebrityApprentive WHY did you choose that shot for Clay?!? #yourefired"
A softer, gentler Clay Aiken appears in a Twitpic shot (shown here) posted on January 4, 2012 by @showbiztonight where the caption reads: @clayaiken @lisalampanelli on set with A.J! Ready to dish on @realdonaldtrump and #CelebrityApprentice!
And so, with both pictures showing up at approximately the same time, which do you think is the more authentic Clay Aiken? The one where plastic surgery seems to be the only explanation or the one where the 33-year-old looks, well, 33. And nerdy yet appealing, for sure.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog