To grab the cover of Cosmopolitan usually means the model needs to exude sex appeal. Well, Selena Gomez had no problem with that task as the Disney star who was once more wholesome than multi-grain bread is all grown up and gracing the front of this iconic women's magazine that covers every ribald subject under the sun.
Surprisingly, the teen seems to fit right in.
Indeed, The Spring Breakers star who has been spotted wearing a lot of tiny bikinis as she shoots this upcoming film in Florida can be seen on the May 2012 cover of Cosmopolitan Spain. And boy is she hot in a midriff-baring, cleavage-boasting ensemble that clings to her every curve and that carries the tag line, "I [heart] my body." And in English no less.
At just 19-years-old and dating the vastly popular Justin Bieber, this celebrity seems to belie her age, at least in this particular pose. No doubt Selena Gomez is long past her Disney phase and long past her role in The Wizards of Waverly Place.
And perhaps that's the point.
This is one celebrity who likes to defy typecasting, changing things up in all kinds of ways, most recently putting her singing career on hold while she focuses on acting. In addition, the Love You Like a Song pop star is not shy about her sartorial statements, either.
In fact, just yesterday on March 22, 2012, Selena and her girls--co-stars Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgins among them--were seen wearing arguably the smallest bikinis available as witnessed in the video below that was shot in Sarasota.
At one point, for one scene, the gang out having a blast on their own version of spring break was hanging over a balcony with drinks in their hands. Some were grabbing onto beer bottles, but Gomez was holding a big cup, the contents of which were not evident. And that's just as well because in Florida, Selena Gomez is underage as far as drinking alcohol is concerned.
Meanwhile, in Spain, readers of Cosmopolitan are ready to read a copy of the veteran magazine that sports a very sexy Selena Gomez on the cover. She is tan, she is confidant, and she is wearing lots of alluring make-up. She is also posing next to a cover blurb that says, "Nuevo Orgasmo." Translation: New Orgasm.
No images of any Disney princesses come to mind with that thought.
Meanwhile, while this former member of the tribe of beauties to come out of the Mouse House, a club that includes the likes of Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, she was on the cover of Cosmopolitan for the Spanish edition. Have a look here at the photos under consideration which were revealed in a story on Selena Gomez outtakes, all while keeping in mind that the one picked for publication is on the bottom left.
And so, with that said, and with that shot in mind, one that really isn't the most sexy of the group, know that that sort of appeal is evident. To be sure, and to be fair, there is a lot to be said for how this 19-year-old was styled for this often dubbed "racy" magazine that suggests that Selena Gomez is, indeed, all grown up. Well, at least she is in certain situations.
Image: Selena Gomez Twitter profile picture
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV