During “Boston Celebrates Woodstock” events Wed-Sat 8/12-8/15 ticket holders may enter a free raffle to win a limited edition Woodstock 40th Anniversary WB Stratocaster electric guitar courtesy of Fender. No purchase necessary.
Winner will be drawn at the FREE screening of Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music on Sunday, August 16th at 2 PM. Winner must be present to win. Winner’s name will be drawn during intermission. Must be 17 years of age or older to participate.
Susan Reynolds -- Author of "Woodstock Revisited"--#1 on Good Morning America's Top 8 Woodstock books
Elijah Wald -- Author of the new book on the history of American popular music from the dawn of recording to the 1960s, "How The Beatles Destroyed Rock and Roll”
Bill Hanley -- Father of Festival Sound--designed, built and operated of the Woodstock sound system, & recorded the master tapes
Jocko -- Founding member of Sha Na Na, youngest performer on the Woodstock stage
Gary Sohmers -- Known as the "King of Pop Culture," he produces and hosts, the syndicated talk radio show
"Calling All Collectors" -- appraiser of Toys, Collectibles and Memorabilia on the hit PBS television program "The Antiques Roadshow"
Dennis Keller -- "Front Row" Fan at Woodstock--caught Pete Townshend's guitar tossed into crowd at the end of
Beginning with Woodstock ‘99, director Michelle Esrick has spent ten years documenting the life of Wavy Gravy. Saint Misbehavin’ journeys from the hills of California to the Himalayan Mountains to reveal the life of this one of a kind servant to humanity.
The film blends Wavy’s own words with magical stories from an extraordinary array of fellow travelers both cultural and counter-cultural, revealing the man behind the clown’s grin and the fool’s clothing.
In Saint Misbehavin’ Wavy is revealed more than the tie-dyed entertainer and ice-cream flavor namesake that often defines him in the popular imagination. Audiences will come to know the activist, the optimist, and the healer who reaches beyond political, economic, and cultural divisions in his commitment to social change and the alleviation of human suffering.
Wavy’s life is his message, serving as deeply needed inspiration that we can change the world and have fun doing it.
Satirist Paul Krasner describes Wavy as “The illegitimate son of Harpo Marx and Mother Theresa, conceived one starry night on a spiritual whoopie cushion,” to which Wavy has replied, “Some people tell me I’m a saint, I tell them I’m Saint Misbehavin’.”
Featuring: Wavy Gravy, Jahanara Romney, Jordon Romney, Dr. Larry Brilliant, The Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Odetta, Patch Adams, Steve Earle, Lisa Law, Buffy Sainte Marie, Denise Kaufman, Michael Franti, Tom Law, Steven Ben Israel, The Hog Farm and more! -- www.regenttheatre.com
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood