Innovative Learning Game Engages Students While Teaching Networking Skills
Cisco today announced the availability of "The Subnetting Game," a new educational game designed to help make the highly technical topic of subnetting easier for students to learn. The game was developed in response to a recent survey by Cisco in which a majority of students responded that network addressing, and particularly subnetting, remains one of the most difficult skills to learn. "The Subnetting Game" is available to anyone who registers at the CCNAÃ‚Â® Prep Center, a website dedicated to networking professionals working toward completion of the CCNA certification: http://www.cisco.com/go/prepcenter.
A foundational skill for networking professionals, subnetting is the process of dividing an organization's growing network into separate subnetworks to provide for better manageability, efficiency and security. These subnetworks can be distributed to separate departments throughout the organization for unique access points, resources and levels of security.
The immersive game allows students to test their subnetting knowledge while developing the necessary skill sets through an entertaining challenge. The game begins with a small network and a simple problem, then becomes increasingly difficult as the levels progress so that students with even a minimal knowledge of subnetting can utilize the learning tool.
"Network addressing and subnetting are crucial skills for networking professionals to master," said Jerry Bush, program manager at Cisco. "With the new 'Subnetting Game,' students quickly increase their subnetting expertise while having fun. Most students find they are learning new skills without even realizing it" - Cisco.
Stay in touch with HULIQ NEWS on Twitter @HULIQ
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags
- Justice served: 'food porn' photo lands ID thieves in jail
- 105-Year-Old Granny's secret to a long life: Bacon, and lots of it