When looking for real estate in Washington State or to buy a property here, consider the following five factors.
1. Environment – You may think Washington has a relatively wet climate. But the annual precipitation is actually less than Boston (43.8 in.), New York (49.9 in.) and even “sunny” Orlando (50.7 in.). With our moderate climate, the occasional rain provides clean air and fresh, green outdoors - that’s why it’s called the Evergreen State.
2. Natural Beauty – From Mount Rainier to Mount St. Helens, the Cascade Range is part of the spectacular Pacific Ring of Fire known for dramatic mountain formations and some of the most beautiful vantage points in the world. From the confluence of the mighty Columbia River to the unspoiled Olympic Peninsula, the Washington coastline provides amazing scenery of river, ocean, and lush rain forests.
3. Outdoor adventure. The great outdoors is not just a backdrop, either. People here are active, and get out for hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, camping – you name it! Some of the best brands in outdoor gear started here in the state because people learned from experience what keeps you active, but comfortable in all types of conditions.
4. Livable Cities. Washington offers a wide variety of cities and towns to enjoy. From bustling metropolitan to quiet rural environments, there are a number of alternatives to fit your particular lifestyle. Employment opportunities, great schools, parks and recreation – they all add up to make Washington cities some of the most livable in the U.S. No matter where you choose to live in Washington, it’s not too far from an exciting new adventure.
5. Healthy living. A clean environment and active lifestyles add up – Washington is consistently rated among the healthiest states in the US. Add to that the exemplary variety of world-class wines, microbrews, and close proximity to organic food supplies, and you have healthy and fulfilling lifestyles. Farm to table is the norm, not the exception.
We live and work in Southwest Washington. Our many neighborhoods are nestled in the banks above the mighty Columbia River, and our close proximity to Portland, Oregon, gives us the best of both worlds. On this side of the river, we enjoy sparse traffic, a laid-back lifestyle, more affordable living, and easy access to a variety of recreation.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Evergreen State, call a real estate expert to help you explore the many options our state offers. A good agent will listen carefully to your needs, and offer you guidance in determining the best possible match. Naturally, a solid resource in real estate will also refer you the top local experts available in any area you choose to call home.