Louis Hellenic Cruises, confirm that m/v Sea Diamond flying the Greek flag, while maneuvering to moor at the anchorage of Santorini today at 4 p.m scraped its side on a reef. The vessel has taken a list due to the penetration of water, but has now been stabilised.
Evacuation of the 1167 passengers and 391 crew members onboard was considered prudent for safety reasons. The situation is under control. The company's internal emergency procedures have already been activated.
All passengers have been safely disembarked. There are no casualties. All the crew is safe.
M/V Perla, under the management of Louis Hellenic Cruises, is on its way for the passengers to embark. The company's technical team is on its way to m/v Sea Diamond to evaluate the situation.
All the competent Greek authorities have promptly and professionally responded to assist the company and have greatly contributed to the success of this operation. Louis Cruise Lines
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood