The influential British parliamentarian, Lee Scott MP for Ilford North was recently presented with a copy of a Song for Autism - 'Open Every Door,' written by the Sri Lanka born singer/songwriter Nimal Mendis. The presentation to Lee Scott MP was made by Ivan Corea of the Autism Awareness Campaign, in the Palace of Westminster.
Nimal Mendis recorded 22 songs on the Decca label in the 1960s in London and appeared on BBC TV's 'Top of the Pops' singing 'Feel like a Clown,' with Sandra Edema.
This is the first time that a singer/songwriter from South Asia has recorded a song for autism. A copy of 'Open Every Door' was also presented to the British Prime Minister Tony Blair in the House of Commons on 25th April.
There is huge momentum on autism in the British parliament. The Autism Report was presented to Prime Minister Tony Blair. Lee Scott MP initiated a landmark debate on autism in March this year. This debate is widely regarded as one of the most important debates on autism held in Westminster Hall.
Autism, may affect up to one in 100 children in the United Kingdom, 1 in 150 children in the USA. They say there are 39,000 children with autism in Sri Lanka.
Nimal Mendis hopes that an international artiste will record the song for autism. 'Open Every Door' ias a moving account of life with a child with autism.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags
- Justice served: 'food porn' photo lands ID thieves in jail
- 105-Year-Old Granny's secret to a long life: Bacon, and lots of it