The so-called Beer Summit took place tonight, with President Barack Obama, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and Sgt. James Crowley imbibing in beers and discussing race relations (or not). However, I wasn't aware that VP Joe Biden was going to attend. He imbibed, but with the low-alcohol Buckler Beer.
You would have thought the group would have at least tapped a keg, but they all had differing opinions on what type of beer to drink, so perhaps not. Still, it was interesting that Biden chose a low-alcohol brew, Buckler Beer, perhaps because he has enough trouble keeping his foot out of his mouth sans alcohol.
Anyway, it doesn't really matter what they discussed. What did they drink?
Barack Obama chose Bud Light: The best-selling beer in the U.S.,
it's Anheuser-Busch's flagship light beer with 4.2% ABV and 110 calories per 12 ounce serving.
Henry Louis Gates, Jr. chose Blue Moon: Brewed by the Molson Coors Brewing Company in Toronto, Ontario. It is 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4 percent ABV.
James Crowley chose Samuel Adams Boston Lager: How appropriate. It contains 4.9% ABV.
Buckler Beer: This is a low alcohol (0.5% ABV) pale lager. It's owned by Heineken International, and was launched in the summer of 1988.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog