Tim Tebow led the Florida Gators to a 37 - 10 win over Florida State on Saturday, setting up a SEC title game next Saturday against similar unbeaten Alabama. The winner of that game will earn a BCS title game bid. However, more people seem interested in Tim Tebow's eye black this week, with Hebrews 12:1-2 written on them.
Tim Tebow is a Christian athlete, and it's normal for him to wear Biblical verses on the eye black he wears every week. In this, his last regular season game as a Florida Gator, he chose Hebrews 12:1-2.
Tim Tebow finished the day 17 of 21 with 221 yards passing, three touchdowns passing and two rushing. As such, he bolstered his case to win a second Heisman Trophy (he won first in 2007) in this year’s wide-open race. You can see Tebow with a similar Biblical verse (not Hebrews 12:1-2) above in the picture attached to this post.
However, many analysts are not sure that Tim Tebow has what it takes to be an NFL QB. Florida does not run a pro-style offense, and many QBs who try to make the transition (e.g., the 49ers' Alex Smith) fail. Perhaps the Hebrews 12:1-2 reference has to do with that, as it says in part: "let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1-2 says (from the New American Standard Bible):
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Next Saturday is the SEC title game against Alabama. If Tebow and Florida win, they will have a chance for a national championship, which would be Tebow's third, if won.
Written by Michael Santo
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood