The National Enquirer is reporting that John Edwards beat wife Elizabeth, 60, in a fight that ended their marriage. The revelation, according to the paper, came from a close friend of Elizabeth.
It was revealed last week that the couple had split. The close friend, who assed a lie detector test, the Enquirer noted, said:
"John lost his temper big-time. She has the divorce papers drawn up, but she can amend them to charge John with domestic violence. She's holding that over his head right now - and he's scared. Elizabeth is in control."
While John Edwards pooh-poohed the initial reports coming from the tabloid about his affair and his "love child," it was later revealed that the Enquirer was correct. The Enquirer crowed over the issue, and must be taken more seriously in these sorts of allegations, now.
The couple has been married for 32 years, and the attack was apparently the "final straw." Edwards also only recently admitted paternity of 2-year-old daughter Frances by mistress Rielle Hunter.
Despite the allegations and accusations over cheating and paternity, Elizabeth Edwards stood by John during his presidential runs. This even included a recurrence of her cancer, for which she is still undergoing treatment.
The full details of the beating are in the print edition of the Enquirer.
Written by Michael Santo
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?
- Grapefruit and prescription meds, when are they safe to mix?
- Fish oil may prevent junk-food brain damage
- Fans request Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts, and get it
- 5 reasons to love wine spritzers
- The Sharks Come Out on The Chew and the Crew Gags