Forbes has released its annual billionaires list, and the richest man in the world is no longer Bill Gates, but Carlos Slim Helu, of Mexico. Meanwhile, one of the top real estate moguls in the U.S., Donald Trump, 63, has seen his net worth rise, but his ranking fall.
Donald Trump is now ranked 488 in the world (tied). Previously, in 2009, he was ranked at 450. However, in 2009, his net worth was $1.6 billion, and this year's ranking showed him at $2.0 billion.
As Forbes notes, Donald Trump has earned much of his fortune through inheritance and the real estate market. In 2009, he was also ranked 158 among the 400 richest Americans, again by Forbes.
Donald Trump has also earned more than $100 million in salary, royalties since "The Apprentice" debuted on NBC in 2003. In fact, Trump has said, in the past, that "My brand alone is worth $5 billion."
That may or may not be true. However, it is true that other developers have erected several Trump buildings; they pay him a licensing fee to use his name.
Aside from his real estate, other ventures that Donald Trump is invested in include the Miss Universe Organization. That is owned by Trump and the National Broadcasting Company (NBC). The organization oversees the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA pageants.
In the fall of 2009, Donald Trump launched The Trump Network. It is a direct selling vitamin company similar to Herbalife. The products include PrivaTest, a multi-vitamin, and Silhoutte Solution, among others.
Written by Michael Santo
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season