Beyoncé was a no-show on New Year's Eve, not appearing on New Year's Rockin' Eve 2012, but far from being lame, it was great: co-host Ryan Seacrest gave us the reason: her baby is coming.
The New Year's Eve ball drop was a secondary issue to the big news: while introducing a performance by Beyoncé for Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2012 on ABC, co-host Ryan Seacrest announced that Beyoncé would not be performing live, but it wasn't "sadly." Instead, she had a great excuse: "Obviously, Beyonce couldn't be here tonight because she's about to give birth to her first child."
Instead of a live performance, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2012 aired a pre-recorded performance of "I Was Here" that Beyoncé did in London. The video was pre-baby bump; on it, Beyonce sang her song "I was Here." The video was called a “tribute” to the 40th anniversary of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.
Rumors that Beyoncé, 30, was in the middle of labor, or had already given birth, were flying for the past few days. Some unconfirmed reports even stated that the singer had already given birth, with her and her husband Jay-Z, 42, welcoming their daughter, naming her Tiana May Carter.
It was even speculated that Beyoncé would appear live on camera, along with her daughter. The hopes were for naught, though.
The announcement by Seacrest doesn't necessarily mean that labor has begun. It could, but it does, at least, mean that birth is so imminent that it was deemed safer for Beyoncé to skip the appearance.
Still it was a great Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest (formerly Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve). The show has been hosted by Dick Clark since its first airing on Sunday, December 31, 1972; Ryan Seacrest has been the show's co-host since the December 31, 2005 telecast.
This year, Fergie co-hosted for the sixth straight year (for the pre-taped Hollywood segment), while Jenny McCarthy returned for her second year of co-hosting in Times Square. In addition to Beyoncé, Times Square musical guest included Lady Gaga (who also pressed the countdown button with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg), Pitbull, Justin Bieber and Hot Chelle Rae.
The pre-taped Hollywood segment featured Taio Cruz, Rivera & Kablack, Nicki Minaj, Florence + the Machine, LMFAO, Gym Class Heroes, Blink-182, OneRepublic, will.i.am, the Band Perry and Christina Perri. In addition, there were two performances by Robin Thicke from the Los Angeles remote feed.
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?
- Food Allergies: Which Allergens Are Recognized by Law?