Just because you're an actor, actress, or some other sort of celebrity, and just because you've been in a hit movie, doesn't mean you're not going to fall on hard times, and that includes Chris Tucker.
It's call overspending. "Rush Hour" star Chris Tucker is facing foreclosure on his $6 million Central Florida home.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that Chris Tucker, an actor / comedian owes more than $4.4 million to his bank. The report cites papers filed in Circuit Court in Lake County, Florida.
Chris Tucker, 39, purchased the home in 2007. The waterfront home is 10,000-square-feet in size, sitting on Lake Apopka in Montverde's upscale (read: expensive) Bella Collina community. The home has five bedrooms, three fireplaces, a personal spa, an outdoor kitchen which overlooks a pool, and includes a basement designed to look like a pirate ship right down to having a wooden deck, mast and sail.
Much as main streeters have faced, Chris Tucker's problems, to a large extent, resulted from the housing market crash. The county property appraiser has the home currently assessed at $1.6 million, despite him owing $4.4 million on it.
That's not the only problem Chris Tucker is facing. According to court documents, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) hit the Tucker with an $11.5 million tax lien on the home last year, in an attempt to collect unpaid federal income taxes from him. Documents show that Tucker's monthly mortgage payment was $25,812.50.
Tucker hasn't been in a movie since 2007's Rush Hour 3, and one would assume that is part of the problem: lack of income. According to Wikipedia, Tucker returned to stand-up comedy this year.
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims