The two retailers in question are Office Depot and Staples. In both cases shipping is free. Also in both cases, considering the national reach of both retailers, sales tax will be charged in most locations.
4TB (terabytes) is a huge amount of storage. Nicely -- as there are still large external drives that ship with USB 2.0 support -- this drive has USB 3.0 functionality. USB 2.0 tops out at a maximum signaling rate of 480 Mbit/s (effective throughput up to 35 MB/s or 280 Mbit/s) while USB 3.0 has a signalling speed of 5 Gbit/s and a usable data rate of up to 4 Gbit/s.
A newer standard, USB 3.1, has been released, but considering that we still see USB 2.0 devices, may take considerable time to reach a) devices, b) peripherals.
For comparison, Amazon.com has the same drive for $169.99, but not as an Amazon Prime item.
The sales blurb is as follows:
The Seagate® Backup Plus desktop drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks.
- USB 3.0
- Desktop / PC & MAC compatible
- The Seagate® Backup Plus desktop drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks
- Via the Seagate Dashboard, use the Protect function to set up a one-click plan or customize your scheduled local backup
- With the Save feature, user-generated content can be backed up from your favorite social networks
- The Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer
- For even more flexibility, with the Seagate Backup Plus design, you can upgrade from the included USB 3.0 interface to ThunderboltTM technology or FireWire® 800 with the available additional adapter
- Dimensions: 6.22"H x 1.73W x 4.88"D, 2.38 lbs
- 2 year limited manufacturer warranty
What's in the Box?
- Seagate Backup Plus Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
- Seagate Backup Plus drive
- Seagate Dashboard pre-loaded on drive
- NTFS driver for Mac pre-loaded on drive
- USB 3.0 interface adapter with capacity gauge