Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenny "JWoww" Farley, Deena Nicole Cortese, Vinny Guadagnino, Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Samantha Giancola and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro have wrapped filming on Season 6 of "Jersey Shore," while the specter of this being the final season of the hit MTV reality TV show looms.
The cast gathered outside their Seaside Heights home and gave each other a group hug as the July Fourth holiday week celebration came to end, and as the Season 6 filming came to an end. It wasn't the same heartfelt group hug seen in the final episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," but it was a group hug nonetheless, and possibly their last one, ever.
There have been rumors floating since early June that Season 6 would be the last one for the reality TV series. There has been some speculation, however, that rather than being the last season for "Jersey Shore,' it might be the last season for the original case. Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenny "JWoww" Farley have their own spinoff show, anyway. So does Pauly D, although his show has not attracted the ratings that had been hoped for.
What was reported earlier was that the cast had been told when they arrived in Seaside Heights to begin filming Season 6 on May 31 that the show was ending after this season. At the time, though, an MTV rep bristled at the report, saying that "no decision has been made yet on a final season."
MTV's Remote Control blog, which posted about the final goodbye, didh't reveal much, either. Most of what it said was:
"First, though, Mike got one last good look at his sandy stomping grounds, which definitely included some new pursuits over the past few weeks. It'll be interesting to see who flops the water jet pack challenge, and what exactly led up to Deena's unfortunate arrest. You know, aside from literally dancing in the street."
Basically, it didn't say much, although if you wanted to be very, very suspicious, one could look at the sentence above that says "Mike got one LAST good look at his sandy stomping grounds" and say: "Huh! Is that saying it's the end?"
We won't know for sure unless MTV makes a statement. For now, we're not even sure exactly when Season 6 will air.
Image Source Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Set an empty place setting this Memorial Day to honor fallen veterans
- Looking for work this summer? US restaurant industry will add 448,000 summer jobs
- Eating Low-Carb on Memorial Day Can Be Surprisingly Simple
- 4 Grilled shrimp marinade ideas for Memorial Day
- HGTV Memorial Day Weekend Party Menu Ideas are Classic Favorites
- 4 Chicken marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Edible body scrubs made from foods and sugar in your kitchen
- Kill guests with kindness, not unhealthy drinks this Memorial Day
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine