Apple's Wednesday event is expected to include the announcement of a new Apple TV set-top box. That box will run $99, according to three anonymous sources, who also told Bloomberg that the new box will include video streaming from Netflix.
Apple event rumored to include iPod touch, nano, cloud iTunes
At the same time, Apple is expected to unleash a new iPod touch with a front-facing camera on the world, as well as perhaps a cloud-based iTunes and perhaps a new iPod nano version.
Netflix began as a DVD-rental-by-mail company. Later, it launched a video streaming service, and that service has become quite popular. It's seen its reach extended beyond computers where it first began to mobile devices such as the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, as well as dedicated set-top boxes like the $69 Roku and all the current gaming consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii).
Netflix services begins at $8.99 for a monthly subscription, which includes streaming, but users can get a one month trial at the site.
On the news, Apple stock rose $244.15 in after hours trading, up $1.05. Meanwhile, Netflix stock rose $3.38 to $128.90 in extended trading.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog