The "5-star price guarantee" includes the following features, the company announced in apress release:
- Express Payment: Customers receive payment the next business day after the item is inspected.
- Free Shipping: A pre-paid UPS shipping label is automatically generated when the user confirms the quote.
- 30-Day PriceLock™: All quotes are valid for 30 days after they are issued.
- AccuQuote™: NextWorth automatically forgives price differences that are less than 10 percent or ten dollars.
- A+ Service Rating: In business since 2006 and with an A+ rating from the BBB, consumers can trust they’ll receive the best quote.
To be clear, many of these features are available on Nextworth's rivals, including Gazelle, which is offering a Gazellionaire contest.
In terms of comparisons, for example, a 16GB AT&T iPhone 5 will -- in flawless condition -- net a user $325 at Gazelle. Meanwhile, the best deal available for a black 16GB AT&T iPhone 5 is $320 at Nextworth. That is a small difference, however.
In addition, though, beginning on Sept. 9 and running through Sept. 20, NextWorth has a special offer on iPhone 4S trade-ins. Customers can receive $200 for any iPhone 4S in good condition with the promo code IPHONE4S at checkout. The promotional code applies to any iPhone 4S that powers on and does not have a cracked display.
Meanwhile, to get that same price at Gazelle, a customer must have a flawless iPhone 4S.
Jeff Trachsel, CMO of NextWorth said: "We are in business to help our customers trade up, gear up or simply cash in and move on. Our new slogan, ‘Go Get It’, reflects our recognition that it’s not about us -- or even the trade-in -- it’s about enabling whatever comes next.”
It sounds like those with an iPhone 4S could get a better deal at Nextworth, based on this promotion, if their iPhone 4S is "not flawless."
On Tuesday, Apple announced the iPhone 5C -- a new plastic-shelled device in five colors -- which takes the place of the company selling its year-old device (the iPhone 5, in this case). It has iPhone 5 internals, for the most part.
Also, on Tuesday, Apple announced the iPhone 5S, its new flagship phone, which features camera improvements, a new A7 processor, and a fingerprint reader embedded in the Home button. Most of the device's other changes are in the new OS, iOS 7.