It's a bizarre story, and we're hoping / assuming that the hit series "The Walking Dead," along with other zombie-centric movies that have been hits, of late, such as "Zombieland," "28 Days Later," and sort forth, had nothing to do with it.
A strange assault off of Miami, Fla.'s MacArthur Causeway forced a police officer to open fire, killing one man and leaving the dead perpetrator's victim injured and hospitalized.
Miami city police said the "straight out of a horror movie" incident began on Saturday afternoon at about 2 p.m. EDT when an officer responded to reports of two men fighting in the bike path of the Biscayne Boulevard off-ramp, alongside the Miami Herald's parking garage. The Herald got a good view of the incident, and according to the paper, the officer observed a naked man eating, yes eating, another man's face.
As opposed to being related to zombies or zombie movies / television shows, this is more likely to be the result of mental illness, or perhaps drugs. Still, we are sure that fans of "The Walking Dead" are sure to take notice.
The officer reportedly saw the naked man chewing on another man’s face (also naked), and issued a command via his loud speaker for him to back away. However, the man did not halt his attack, but instead "growled" at police and returned to eating.
As the man continued the assault, officers shot him. The man seemed nearly superhuman, as he appeared to shrug off the bullet. Police were forced to continue firing, until the perpetrator was dead (indeed, fans of zombie movies will note that it is unclear if it took a head shot to take out the attacker).
According to reports, the man ate his victim’s nose and eyeballs. Additional information said that the man had virtually no face and was basically unidentifiable.
Police believe both the victim and the attacker were homeless people. They theorize that the attacker might have been suffering from what they termed "cocaine psychosis." In that scenario, the person affected is in a drug-induced craze; the body is baked from inside as his internal temperature rises, and the affected often strip off their clothes in an attempt to cool themselves.
In a sense, the attacker was a zombie. The term is often applied to a person who seems "bereft of consciousness and self-awareness, yet ambulant and able to respond to surrounding stimuli."
The video reports below include surveillance footage that some may find disturbing.
Image Source Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season