The former cheerleader and mother to 2-year-old twins Aliannah and Aleeah, Leah Messer, has announced she is going to be married and to have a baby again --- though the partner is a new man in her life, Jeremy Calvert.
The 19-year-old mom and mom-to-be got engaged to Calvert over the holidays and is said to be “very excited” about the upcoming nuptials and birth, Us Weekly reports.
Messer is an original cast member from the original 16 and Pregnant MTV reality TV show which first aired back in June 2009. She made her appearance in Season 2 of the series. The show featured one of four to six different teenage girls, with the episode typically beginning when they are 4 1⁄2–8 months into their pregnancies. The episode typically ended when the baby – or babies, as in Leah’s case – was a few months old.
MTV launched two spin-offs from that show called Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2. Teen Mom 2 chronicles the lives of the four girls from Season 2 of 16 and Pregnant as it follows the lives of four girls as they navigate their first year of motherhood. In addition to motherhood, the series focuses on themes of their changing relationships between family, friends, and boys, while highlighting the struggles teenage mothers have to go through to raise their children.
Rumor has it that the girls have already started filming Season 3 of the show. In that case, we will have a chance, perhaps, to see the Jeremy pop the question and Leah finding out she is pregnant – or perhaps the order will be reverse.
Messer was married to the twins’ dad, Corey Simms, for six months last year in an attempt to make the commitment to family stick. She says now that trying to stay in that marriage was like “forcing the fit,” and that things with Jeremy feel very different.
"We have a really good connection," she gushed. "It's different from Corey and my relationship, because we were kinda like forcing it... With Jeremy, you know when you're supposed to be with somebody and you're not."
The couple spent Christmas Eve with the twins at grandma’s house. There was much food and many bedtime stories, according to the blog TeenMomTalk.com. In the morning, it turned out Santa made an early delivery of toys.
Certainly looks like marital and familial bliss so far. Two marriages and three kids before 20 – now that’s called life on the fast track. Here’s to slowing down, Leah.
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood