The UFC 124 results are in, and the main bout of that event was Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Josh Koscheck for the Welterweight championship. St-Pierre defeated Koscheck via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) , easily.
Saturday's bout was a rematch of a 2007 fight between St. Pierre and Koscheck. 23,000 fans watched the UFC 124 results live at Montreal's Bell Center.
St. Pierre, the champion, used his left jab to leave Koscheck with a right eye nearly swollen shut by the end of the fourth round. Compustrike showed St. Pierre outstriking Koscheck 140 to 30 over five rounds. Notably, more than 100 of St. Pierre's hits were classified as "non-power strikes" (such as jabs). St. Pierre said,
"I know Josh Koscheck likes to throw his punches circular, and I'm a straight puncher, so the issue was to keep him on the outside and, if he came too hard, to go for the takedown. But he's a very good wrestler, and he's very tough."
Despite the unanimous decision, St. Pierre was disappointed. "I didn't reach my goal tonight. My goal was to take him out. Sorry, everyone." Since regaining the belt in April 2007, St. Pierre has won four decisions in title defenses. His next bout looks much the same: he's scheduled to meet former Strikeforce champion Jake Shields, whose last three victories were decisions.
The full list of UFC 124 results follows.
Lightweight bout: Pat Audinwood vs. John Makdessi - Makdessi defeated Audinwood by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).
Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Ricardo Almeida - Almeida defeated Grant by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Welterweight bout: Matt Riddle vs. Sean Pierson - Pierson defeated Riddle by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Middleweight bout: Jesse Bongfeldt vs. Rafael Natal - Bongfeldt and Natal fought to a majority draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-29).
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Dustin Hazelett - Bocek defeated Hazelett by submission (triangle choke) at 2:33 of round 1
Middleweight bout: Joe Doerksen vs. Dan Miller - Miller defeated Doerksen by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28).
Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. John Howard - Alves defeated Howard by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig - Danzig defeated Stevenson via KO at 1:54 of round 1.
Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira - Miller defeated Oliveira by submission at 1:59 of round 1.
Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle - Struve defeated McCorkle by TKO at 3:55 of round 1.
Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Josh Koscheck - St-Pierre defeated Koscheck via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45), he retains the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination