Museum Of Contemporary Art, Sydney exhibits works by Fiona Hall 'Force Field' on view from 6 March to 1 June 2008.
This exhibition presents an in-depth survey of the work of Australian artist Fiona Hall from the 1970s to the present, produced collaboratively between the MCA and City Gallery Wellington.
Born in Sydney (1953) and based in Adelaide, Hall began her career in photography but has extended into diverse media including sculpture, installation and garden design. Her work is characterised by its use of ordinary objects and materials which are transformed into complex and allusive objects.
The exhibition includes new work made especially for this survey and will be accompanied by a new publication, co-published by City Gallery Wellington and the Museum of Contemporary Art with essays by Vivienne Webb, MCA and Greg O'Brien, City Gallery Wellington (CGW) as well as an interview with the artist. -- www.mca.com.au
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles
- KFC smuggling in Gaza with labor problems in US (VIDEO)
- Weekend Recipe: Rainbow chard, cherries and balsamic with grilled trout
- Deer Corn Recall Issued, FDA Indicates Possible Aflatoxin Contamination
- Cooking with Kale: Easy Recipes to Get You Started with This Superfood
- Zoe Saldana Reveals Her Weight as Women of All Sizes Strive for Confidence
- Outdoor grilling lessons - get ready for summer
- Where are Marley 12 oz cold coffee cups sold?
- Hot weather dinner salad - asparagus, tomatoes and tuna
- In Which HGTV Giveaway Home Can You Find This Kitchen?