The Autism Awareness Campaign UK was hailed as a finalist in the Asian Woman Awards for Excellence 2007, sponsored by the Bank of Ireland and hosted by the Asian Woman Magazine at an event at Banqueting House in London.
The issues concerning autism and Asperger's Syndrome were highlighted for the first time with a top Asian audience.
Autism Campaigners Ivan and Charika Corea were supported by Dame Stephanie Shirley, Baroness Pola Uddin and others.
Sarah Brown wife of the Prime Minister Tony Brown sent a message of congratulations to all.The Autism Awareness Campaign UK is calling on Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Her Majesty's Government to launch a national strategy on autism and a 10 year plan of action on autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- MasterChef 4 premieres: Greenback flambé, a wedding proposal, and redemption
- Spare ribs marinade ideas for Memorial Day grilling
- Feed Your Late-Night Cravings on 'Last Call Food Brawl'
- Can a Low-Carb Flaxseed Meal Muffin Really Taste Good? YES!
- Edible life on Mars? NASA explores 3-D pizza printers
- 20 Exciting Ways to Use Eggshells For Home and Garden
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season