Grandpa Barron Hilton donates 97% of his wealth to charity leaving Paris and others with "less" money. What does the family have to say about Barron Hilton's wealth distribution. By the way we commend Barron for this move.
Barron Hilton (Paris and Nicky's grandfather) has donated 97% of wealth to charity according to the NY Daily News.
That means granddaughter of Barron Hilton Paris Hilton, who once stood to inherit $100 million or more by some accounts, could end up with a measly $5 million or so.
"The whole family will be devastated, particularly [Paris' mom] Kathy," a pal of the clan told the Daily News last night.
"Some of them could be likely to contest the will - it'll be in the courts longer than Anna Nicole Smith versus J. Howard Marshall."
Barron Hilton is worth an estimated $2.3 billion, including the $1.2 billion he made from the sale of the Hilton Hotels and Harrah's casino chains.
All but 3% of the money will go into a charitable trust to benefit the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, which was started by his father, the foundation announced yesterday.
The foundation funds clean water in Africa, education for blind children and housing for the mentally ill.
Over $2 billion going charity, wow! Stinks to be the inheritors-to be though. What will Paris and Nicky Hilton do?
BTW Barron Hilton was in the same boat in 1979 when his dad did the same thing and Barron contested the will. The article does not say if he won, but by the looks of mouch money he has now didn't make that much of a difference. - By seriouslyomg.com
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea