Imagine if you could…win the lottery, travel to your perfect place in the blink of an eye, own your dream car, turn back the hands of time, reunite with a lost loved one…It all comes true. Every night. World-renowned illusionist and magician, David Copperfield, will perform in the critically acclaimed spectacle of magic and entertainment, David Copperfield: An Intimate Evening of Grand Illusion on Wednesday, May 14 at 5:30pm and 8:30pm.
It is an affecting, life-changing event that reaches into the audiences’ minds and hearts and takes them on a feast of wish fulfillment. Displaying his off-the-cuff brand of humor, Copperfield breaks new ground in Grand Illusion and takes his art to a grand yet intimate, personal yet universal dimension for an evening of wonders you’ll never forget.
True to its title, Grand Illusion is the logical, and incredible, evolution of this conjurer’s art. Copperfield’s goal in Grand Illusion is to take your dreams (and maybe a few nightmares) and make them come true using his state of the art wizardry.
“For magic to be relevant,” explains Copperfield, “it has to evolve so it keeps up with, or even surpasses, the best film and theater. I want to base my work on what people really dream about. Most of us don’t dream of pulling a rabbit out of a hat. But what affects people is realizing personal dreams—dreams almost everyone shares—that they thought were impossible.
Program highlights include MAN VERSUS STEEL, where David will float through solid steel, proving that dreams can dissolve barriers; THIRTEEN, in which 13 audience members chosen entirely a random vanish, leaving friends and family wondering whether to applaud or put their loved ones faces on milk cartons; and SQUEEZEBOX, where he takes liposuction to a whole new level as the six foot one King of Magic gets squeezed into a bite-sized piece that could fit into a Prada shoebox. -- www.statetheatrenj.org
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More