Matt Lauer just teased that Katie Couric is coming back to the Today Show on Wednesday to make a "major announcement." How's that for a tease? Everyone are anxiously looking forward to the news on Wednesday to see what NBC and Katie Couric have to announce to the Today Show Viewers, which has already given food for a lot of gossip.
The bloggers are quickly lighting up the web with speculation as to why KC would come across town from CBS to do something for NBC again. Is she returning to Today, or is this some personal announcement that seems better placed on Today than on her adopted network at CBS?
I'll poke around the NBC sources to see what I can find .. but I'm reminded that Bryant Gumble made an appearance on Today years ago even though he'd moved on to the CBS Morning Show by that point. It was all part of a Today anniversary piece and they were getting all the former hosts to take part.
I'm wondering if Katie's appearance tomorrow will be part of the same thing ... some kind of Today Show retrospective ... either that, or something concerning her on-going push for colon cancer screening.
Don't for a second think that the vague mention of Katie's return wasn't done for the buzz it would create it was very intentional.
And while I was skeptical that anyone would be able to take KC's Today spot and flourish, Meredith Vieira is as good as it gets.
Source: Reported by Have Got 4 You http://ericmansfield.blogspot.com/
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles