Avatar: The Last Airbender (also known as Avatar: The Legend of Aang in several countries) is an Emmy award-winning American animated television series that airs on the Nickelodeon television network and on Nicktoons Network. We're still in the middle of season three. Last episode broadcast in America was the two parter "day of black sun". But the following two episodes are out on the net at the website below.
The rest of the season should continue shortly with Avatar Season 4 starting next sept/oct.
"Talks are reportedly underway to extend the show beyond just three seasons, which was the original plan by the creators. However, if there is a fourth season, it will likely follow a different storyline other than the Fire Lord and Fire Nation trying to take over the world, as both Nick executives and the co-creators have said season three will be when Aang faces the Fire Lord."
The Avatar Season 4 is set in an Asian-influenced world of martial arts and elemental manipulation; the series follows the adventures of Aang and his friends, who try to save the world from war with the Fire Nation. The show's protagonist Aang is trapped in an iceberg when he is found by two members of the Southern Water Tribe, Katara and Sokka. After being freed from the iceberg, Katara and Sokka join Aang on a long journey across the globe; their ultimate goal is to help Aang acquire the skills to defeat the Fire Lord and end the war. In the series' terminology, each episode is referred to as a "chapter", and each season as a "book."
It made its debut on February 21, 2005, and the last episodes were screened on July 19, 2008; it is now available on DVD, the iTunes Store, and the Xbox Live Marketplace, as well as its home on Nickelodeon. Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko co-created the series, and serve as executive producers alongside Aaron Ehasz. Avatar: The Last Airbender is popular with both audiences and critics, garnering 4.4 million viewers on its best-rated showing and receiving high ratings in the Nicktoons lineup, even outside its 6–11-year-old demographic. The series' success prompted Nickelodeon to order second and third seasons. Merchandise based on the series include scaled action figures, a trading card game, three video games based on the first, second, and third seasons, stuffed animals distributed by Paramount Parks, and two LEGO sets.
From Wikipedia News and blogs.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Carlos Santana's $65 Supernatural Napa Valley wine
- Operation BBQ dishes up good food to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cake mix recall, Eco-Cuisine self reports
- Regrowing Foods from Kitchen Scraps Can Save Money Year-Round
- HGTV Memorial Day Cocktails Liven Up Summer Parties
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally