Sarah Palin's new book "Going Rogue: An American Life" hits the bookstore shelves Tuesday, November 17. On the same day that Palin's book is released to the public, “Going Rouge: An American Nightmare" will also be released. It's touted as an anti-Palin book, compiled by Richard Kim and Betsy Reed, senior editors at the left-leaning The Nation magazine.
The book covers and titles are so similar in the two books, that it would not be a big surprise if a few bookstore customers bought the wrong book. However, it's hard to tell at this point what the wrong book is.
The play on words in the title using "Rouge" instead of "Rogue" is so close that one would think that Kim and Reed are picking on Sarah Palin's makeup, using the word "rouge".
“We’re really sensitive to the position Sarah Palin finds herself in as an attractive woman in Republican politics,” Reed explained. “The title isn’t making fun of her wearing makeup, but instead the media attention that’s been given to her personal image — part of what we call ‘the nature of Palinism.’ ” -- MSNBC
The cover of “Going Rouge” is clearly a parody of Palin’s book due out the same day. However, according to the editors, the book is not.
Authors Richard Kim and Betsy Reed claim that “Going Rouge: An American Nightmare" is about the "real Palin." Because the authors had less than a month to put the anti-Palin book together, they decided to make it a group of essays that look critically at Palin.
The essays come from various publications, including The Nation, The Wall Street Journal and The Anchorage Daily News, as well as from bloggers. The end result is harsh look at Palin’s verbal mistakes, her political views and her role as an American celebrity.
Both "Going Rogue: An American Life" by Sarah Palin and "Going Rouge: An American Nightmare" will be released Tuesday, November 17. It will be interesting to see which book has better sales figures at the end of the first day.
Comment and add to the story without registration, but keep the comments meaningful please. Links are not accepted.
- Four foods a day to keep the doctor away
- Apples to Whole Grain: why and how these 17 foods fight cancer
- Good Eggs Needed for the Chief Egg Officer Search Contest
- Meatless Monday's 10 Hot Tips For Tasty Summer Grilling That'll Get You Fired Up For A Healthy BBQ Season
- Totally loco number of Doritos Locos Tacos sold in just over a year will blow your mind
- Crazy liquored-up ice cream collection captures 'free spirit' of F. Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- An American original: Oscar Mayer introduces the first bacon hot dog: The Bacon Dog
- Food Suggestions to Help Decrease PMS Symptoms
- Eat, drink and argue: dinner table spats on reality TV
- San Francisco residents cut out popular restaurant's bacon fat, literally
- Two New York Times Food Writers take a grocery shopping tour (video)
- Gary Cole, federal prisoner: Taco Bell stole his Doritos Locos Tacos idea
- Reduce your kidney stone risk by 23 percent by doing this
- HGTV Kitchen Cousins Are Coming Back for More
- Celebrity chef allegedly killed over poorly prepared noodles